Your gateway to current research-based nutrition information and Montana programs.
Montana Program Focus Areas and Highlights
| Montana Nutrition Education Programs- SNAP Ed and EFNEP
- MSU programs assisting limited resource audiences in acquiring knowledge, skills, attitudes, and changed behavior necessary for nutritionally sound diets.
|Blood Pressure and Cardiovascular Disease Information
- MSU Extension Agents in 31 counties and reservations participate in a high blood pressure prevention project in collaboration with the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services Cardiovascular Health Program.
|StrongWomen Program Information
- Montana offerings of a national program to implement safe and effective strength training programs for midlife and older women.
|StrongWomen Across America
-Mobilizing a grass roots ‘social network’ movement within communities across the country to establish Change Clubs to make healthy food and opportunities for physical activity more accessible.
|Food Preservation Resources for Montanans
- National Websites and MSU Extension Montguides for the consumer.
| Steps to a New You
- Community-based healthy lifestyle program that is highly effective in improving activity, food and nutrition, and body image.
|4-Health Parent Education Program: Prevention of Childhood Obesity
- Research-based parent education program developed specifically for rural Montana families, focusing on food and nutrition, physical activity, positive body image and parenting/family communication for promoting healthy lifestyles for both children and parents.
- Nationally recognized program for food safety training for food service personnel.
|Food and Nutrition Briefs
- Featured issue: Update on Food Sustainability, March 2012
Other Featured Programs:
|Montana Nutrition Programs and Partners|
|Small Steps to Health and Wealth|
|Meth Prevention - Tools for Schools|
|Starting a Specialty Food Business
- MSU video and resource guide addressing critical issues for entrepreneurs. Click here for program brochure/ ordering info.
|Celebrating Food Safety at Pow Wows
- MSU food safety video and promotional materials for use at Pow Wows.
|Safe Aid for Food Banks
- Food safety program developed in Montana for use in food banks.