MSU Extension Food & Nutrition
Your gateway to current research-based nutrition information and Montana programs.
Montana Program Focus Areas and Highlights
Food Preservation Resources for Montanans
- National Websites and MSU Extension Montguides for the consumer.
Food Fact Sheets
- MSU Extension factsheets describing growing, safe handling and preparation suggestions for a series of 15 Montana-grown fruits and vegetables.
Montana Nutrition Education Programs- SNAP Ed and EFNEP
- MSU programs for limited resource audiences focusing on improving knowledge and behavior change to promote nutritionally sound diets.
StrongWomen Program Information
- Montana offerings of a national program to implement safe and effective strength training programs for midlife and older women.
4-Health Parent Education Program: Prevention of Childhood Obesity
- MSU research-based parent education program for promoting healthy lifestyles for both children and parents.
- Nationally recognized program for food safety training for food service personnel.
Blood Pressure and Cardiovascular Disease Information
- MSU Extension Agents participate in a high blood pressure prevention project in collaboration with the DPHHS Cardiovascular Health Program.