Crops & Livestock
Upcoming News and Events
Monthly Weed Post:
- Herbicide Selection Tool Soil Fertility Recommendations
- MSU has developed a herbicide selection tool. By using this form to enter your information, a list of herbicides registered in Montana for the conditions you specify will be generated.
- Small Grains Nitrogen Economic Calculator
- These programs allow the user to evaluate the optimal amount of nitrogen fertilizer to apply given the price of crop, spring wheat or winter wheat, the price of nitrogen per pound of active ingredient and protein discounts and premiums that may be available for either spring wheat or winter wheat. The yield response for S.W. and W.W. is estimated for soil N plus applied nitrogen and the yield response to total nitrogen is estimated using a model that allows the user to specify their estimated maximum yield given their historical experience.
- Pesticide Education Program
- *If interested in buying or selling hay, please feel free to contact the office. (406-566-2277 ext 104 or 105)*
- Managing Drought on the Ranch website
Cow Sense Chronicle: MSU Extension Beef Cattle Specialist - Rachel Endecott
- November: Winter Readiness Checklist
- December: 2015 Steer of Merit Certifications
- January 2016: What's in that Pre-Calving Vaccine?
- February 2016: Should I Feed This Moldy Hay?
- March 2016: Colostrum is Essential for Calf Health
- April 2016: Keep an Eye Out for Grass Tetany
- May 2016: n/a
- June 2016: Veterinary Feed Directive Rule Will Change the Use of Feed-Grade Antibiotics and VFD Short Courses
- July 2016: Blue Green Algae Poisoning in Cattle
- August 2016: Early Weaning as a Drought Management Strategy
- September 2016: Fall Readiness Checklist
Services Offered at the Office
Please stop in the office anytime, and we will do our best to assist you with your needs!
- Nitrate Quick Tests
- Hay Probe Rental
- Soil Testing
- Forage Analysis
- Ration Building
- Livestock News Publications
- Livestock Scale