Please apply online for an Extension position
For additional information, please contact:
Extension Personnel Office at (406) 994-1752, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
How we evaluate applications for our Extension Agent positions
- Each position announcement has a list of qualifications, some required, some preferred. You must meet ALL of the required qualifications to be considered further.
- Each application is compared to those qualifications--if your application does not tell us how you meet those qualifications, we do not know. Please be certain you address those qualifications in your letter of application.
- While we refer to your resume to further determine your qualifications for the position, your response to qualifications should be the primary place for you to tell us how you meet those qualifications.
It is our intent to complete the processing of your application as thoroughly and as rapidly as possible. All information provided by you and your references will remain confidential within the Extension administrative staff and/or screening committee(s).
Position vacancy announcements for professional positions are prepared and distributed to all Extension staff members within the state of Montana and to an established mailing list for Montana and other states. Announcements identify duties and responsibilities, location of position, headquarters, and qualifications needed by the applicant.
You will be notified of any vacancies that occur in Extension. Your application will be considered for each appropriate vacancy provided you submit a letter of application addressing the qualifications for that particular vacancy on line.
If you provide a a letter of application addressing the qualifications for a particular vacancy to the Extension Personnel Office, your application will be evaluated on a competitive basis with all other qualified candidates. The highest ranking candidates may be selected for an interview related to the position sought.
- Selection decisions are made on the basis of:
- a) Academic training and scholastic achievement
- b) Training in discipline appropriate for the announced position
- c) Demonstrated successful Extension and related work experience
- d) Ability to relate and interact with people
- e) Reference data
- f) Interview data
- g) Affirmative Action goals are considered during the selection process
If selected for an interview, you will be notified of the date of the interview, and you must attend the scheduled interview to be considered further. Any questions or further information requests may be directed to the Extension Personnel Office, MSU Extension, Culbertson Hall, MSU, P.O. Box 172230, Bozeman, Montana 59717-2230, telephone, (406) 994-1752, e-mail: email@example.com.
Montana State University values diverse perspectives and is committed to continually supporting, promoting and building an inclusive and culturally diverse campus environment. MSU recognizes the importance of work-life integration and strives to be responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Montana State University is committed to providing a working and learning environment free from discrimination. As such, the University does not discriminate in the admission, access to or conduct of its educational programs and activities nor in its employment policies and practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, creed, service in the uniformed services (as defined in state and federal law), veteran status, gender, age, political beliefs, marital or family status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation or preference. In support of the University’s mission to be inclusive and diverse, applications from qualified minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged.
Montana State University makes accommodation for any known disability that may interfere with an applicant’s ability to compete in the hiring process or an employee’s ability to perform the duties of the job. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Office, PO Box 172520, Montana State University, Bozeman MT 59717-2520; 406-994-3651; firstname.lastname@example.org .
In compliance with the Montana Veteran’s Employment Preference Act, MSU provides preference in employment to veterans, disabled veterans, and certain eligible relatives of veterans. To claim veteran’s preference please complete the veteran’s preference information located in the Demographics section of your profile.
MSU’s Non-Discrimination Policy and Discrimination Grievance Procedures can be located on the MSU Website: www2.montana.edu/policy/affirmative_action/.
Positions currently availableExtension Agent - Agriculture and more - six positions (Faculty)
- Various - see announcement
- Application screening begins 07/14/17
- Position announcement
- Havre, MT
- Application screening begins 05/08/17
- Position announcement