2015 - 2017 BRIDGER / BANGTAIL WATERSHED HEALTH - Financial Assistance and Technical Support Program
Cost share ranges from 25 - 75%.
Projects in the financial assistance program include:
The creation of defensible space adjacent to structures
The reduction of fuels to protect ingress and egress routes
The creation of fuel breaks on your property
The promotion of fire-adapted ecosystems
The regeneration of aspen, willow and deciduous stands
The improvement of forest health and wildfire risk for your entire property
Project Location - Project Map
Steps for landowners who are interested in receiving grant funds:
- Submit an application to the Gallatin County Extension Office. **Applications for this project are not being accepted at this time, as all funds have been allocated.
- Get your neighbors involved! - Projects with more than one neighbor may qualify for greater cost share
- Conduct a Site Visit with the Natural Resource Agent
- Receive property recommendations: What to expect, How much should I do?
- Decide to have work done on your property
- Natural Resource Agent will let you know what grant money is available to help cover costs
- Work begins
- Natural Resource Agent approves completed work and provides agreed upon amount of financial assistance
Tel (406) 582 - 3280
Fax (406) 580 - 3289