Natural Resources Program - Gallatin, Meagher, Park Counties
Gallatin County Extension partners with a variety of organizations and people to ensure the wise use of our natural resources.
Current Natural Resources Programs/Projects
FOREST HEALTH AND WILDFIRE RISK REDUCTION - Learn How You Can Improve Your Forest's Health and Protect Your Property From Wildfire
Meet with your Natural Resource Extension Agent and learn about your forest
Free Property Assessment
- Cost-Share Grant Money Available
- Forestry Techniques Series
- 2015 - 2017 Cost Share Project Area - BRIDGER / BANGTAIL WATERSHED HEALTH
- 2017 Cost Share Project Area - Big Sky and South Park County
WETLANDS MONITORING AND EDUCATION - Volunteer-driven project to develop our understanding of the condition of our wetlands.
STREAM RESTORATION - Improve the health of your stream.
AQUATIC INVASIVE SPECIES MAPPING - Know your aquatic invasive species.
BIG SKY CONSERVATION PARTNERSHIP - Understanding balanced use of Big Sky
WHITEBARK PINE MANAGEMENT AND RESTORATION - What you can do to help an quintessential Montana species.
CLIMATE SCIENCE - Begin to learn about the climate surrounding you.
Learning More About Natural Resources
- Non Native Species
- Plants and Wildlife
- Soil Health
- Threatened and Endangered Species
- Urban Natural Resources
- Water Quality and Quantity
- Wildfire Preparedness
- Cost Share Opportunities
- Citizen Science
- Natural Resource Management Plan
- Big Sky, Small Acres - Quarterly magazine about your land. Free online subscription.
Partnering Organizations, Agencies, and Friends
- MSU Extension Publications - Extension Store has many useful publications and guides
- Gallatin Natural Resource Blog
Long Term Conservation