Check out the links below for information from regional and national caregiving organizations.
- American Association of Retired Persons (AARP)
- eXtension Family Caregiving
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- Family Caregiver Support Network
- Hospice Foundation of America
- National Association of Area Agencies on Aging
- National Family Caregivers Association
- The American Geriatrics Society
- U.S. Administration on Aging
- The American Geriatrics Society
www.aarp.org - Provides information on financial assistance for grandparents, becoming the best grandparent, information on support groups in local communities, and a variety of other resources. www.aarp.org/relationships/friends-family/grandfacts-sheets/ - State fact sheets for grandparents and other relatives raising children.
www.gu.org - "Represents more than 100 national, state, and local organizations representing more than 70 million Americans and is the only national organization advocating for the mutual well-being of children, youth, and older adults."
Children's Defense Fund
www.childrensdefense.org - CDF educates the nation about the needs of children and encourages preventive investment before they get sick or into trouble, drop out of school, or suffer family breakdown.
http://www.cyfernet.org/ - CYFERnet is designed to be used by anyone who needs comprehensive children, youth, or family information including: educators, researchers, parents, youth agency staff, community members, human services and health care providers, students, policy makers, youth, media.
Montana Alliance for Families Touched by Incarceration
An organization founded to help children and families affected by incarceration navigate this difficult time in their lives.
Download the publication Family Members Behind Bars: Difficult Questions Children Ask...And How to Answer Them
Early Childhood Services Bureau
http://www.dphhs.mt.gov/hcsd/childcare/ - Montana's Early Childhood Services Bureau is dedicated to helping children and families succeed by increasing the affordability, accessibility and quality of early care and education.
Childcare Resource and Referral Agencies
http://www.montanachildcare.com/ - Find information on childcare as well as day care an education resources
Kincare Legal Matters
http://www.grandfamilies.org/ - Find answers to questions regarding legalities of caring for relatives.
Through the Eyes of a Child: Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Fact Sheet Series
http://fyi.uwex.edu/grandparenting/through-the-eyes-of-a-child/ - a series of fact sheets addressing various issues facing grandparents raising grandchildren
eXtension Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
http://www.extension.org/category/family%20caregiving%20grandparents%20raising%20grandchildren - Information on family caregiving and raising grandchildren.
The Brookdale Foundation of New York
Check out the links below for fun and educational cures for the dreaded "I'm bored!"
- Adolescence: Supporting the Journey from Childhood to Adulthood
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: A Parent's Guide to ADHD
- Building Strong Single-Parent Families
- Caregiving: When Our Parents Need Our Help
- Children & Bullying: A Guide for Parents
- Co-Parenting After Divorce
- Couple Relationships: Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Discipline: A Parent's Guide for Infants and Toddlers
- Discipline: A Parent's Guide for Preschoolers
- Discipline: A Parent's Guide for School-Age Children
- Family Mealtime
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren : Parenting the Next Generation
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren : What to do the Second Time Around
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren: Navigating Adolescence
- Helping Children Cope With Natural Disasters
- Positive Family Communication
- Non-Residential Parenting After Divorce
- The Importance of Fathers
- The Importance of Play in Early Childhood Development
- Weaving Together Family and Work